Sunday, April 25, 2010

Your inner Buddha

So, now we are entering week 6 of the 60 yoga challenge, and as Crystal said, I believe we are doing smashingly well. I kind of feel like I am just in the groove, so not too much to report, no earthshattering awakenings or discoveries, just keeping on keeping on.
There have been the bumps in the road and I have to confess my enthusiasm has waned a bit. I am down to about two classes a week and practicing at home most of the time. I was having some knee trouble for a week or so and that slowed me down, more so it was just discouraging. But that has resolved itself and I have been feeling good.
With my home practice, since its mostly the same DVD over and over, I have definitely noticed increased stamina and strength. At class, too I feel stronger and I know most poses so I can really fine tune my breathing and which muscles engage.
Oh – I finally figured out where my sacrum is!! That has been enlighting!!! They always talk about your sacrum and what to do with it – but I was never really sure where it was, but rest assured, now I know!
Over the next week I commit to finding my lost enthusiasm! I am going to figure out what my apple password is and download some yoga apps to my itouch and check out some of the yoga classes Crystal has suggested. Oh and this blogging thing, I want to get better about that. Its just hard sometimes to think that I really have something to say! But I know its more about just talking about my experience and what I am feeling and not so much about feeling like its going to interest somone else. Its more about me and less about you! Ha ha! Just kidding! I’ll try to be interesting too.
I do want to share a story about the Golden Buddha that I heard in the relaxation and restoritive workshop I went to a few weeks ago. So in this tiny little village there was this gigantic clay buddha statue. All the people in the village were committed to the maintenance and upkeep required for the statue. It had always been there in the village and so with every generation they would take care of it. It would dry out and crack and someone would come along and smooth out the cracks and fill them by applying more and more clay. One day a young man noticed a very small but deep crack in the buddha. He reached his hand and arm into the crack until he hit something smooth and cool. When he peaked in he could barely just see a glimmer of gold. He began to pull apart the clay bit by bit and eventually got to the center and found a beautiful giant pure gold buddha statue. At the center of the worshipped clay and dirty statue was a brilliant and priceless statue. We are all the golden buddha. We spend years and years packing on clay around us for a variety of reasons, when our true being is brilliant and beautiful.
So, channel your inner buddha and be brilliant!
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment